My tusheez

This blog was started once upon a time when a young girl at school didnt know better but thought otherwise. So the way earlier entries can be crass and words inappropriate so please don't judge. As now the person has evolved into someone older and wiser (hopefully) ..:.... But some of the entries were classic and hilarious so I don't have the heart to delete them :@ Well we were all young (read:wild) once, right?

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

What to say..What to say...

Dear Diary again,

Geez.. it's been ages since I wrote a blog entry.
It's been gazillion years since I wrote an entry properly.

It's funny how I thought back that this was supposed to be my personal diary.
Which of course, become very impersonal (duh.. it's online!)

Then it took off because I used to write some funny, clever (or not so clever) stuff.
Thousands of people read it and blogging became a career, which of course does not pay.
Not in monetary terms anyway. But it has given many wonderful friends, lobangs and even clients.
And I do realise that my blogging career is dwindling recently.

I think it's a chicken and egg thing. I saw the comments going away, I thought the readers are going away (even Gan doesn't read it anymore!! That lazy mustard!) and I though, well... why am I writing so much for then?

I met a couple of people the last few months who complained :" Why are not updating your blog..?"..

Honestly, I am not so sure why. But perhaps many other things have taken precedence over my vainnes (@publishing my life online).. like DOTA and work. (what else could it be, right?)


Then again, today I had one of those virtual lightbulbs above my heads (ala cartoon, ..eureka.. geddit?). Oh scmuck... this is my diary after all, I should write whenever I have stories to tell.

It's not that I don't have stories to tell, I just seem to run out of energy to blog about it, by the time I finished laughing about it and telling a hundred other people about it over lunches or coffees or drinks.

Before you think that I am going around the bush (which I think I am), what I am trying to say is that I actually miss blogging, I miss having confessions and audience.

So, I am just gonna start by writing about what I've been doing these days.
Well, of course I have been working, I fly over to Jakarta more often as I am handling more and more clients over there, the metropolitan which is built to fall.

I have also been an avid DOTAer, very amateurish and a little annoying (especially when I make so much noise at the cybercafe, whilst Singaporeans.. you know, are very well behaved, even while playing DOTA). I think I should cut down on my swear words and exclamation marks. They started giving me the iffy look (argh.. screw them!)

I have also been commuting between the West side (where mom lives) and the NorthEast (where Gan lives). I am guilty of bringing shirts I don't know how to iron (but my mom of course skillfully knows how to) from NorthEast to West side and carrying packets of Indomie from West to NorthEast, because I just can't be bothered to bloody cook. So far, the best meal I've prepared for my husband-to-be is Indomie KARI AYAM with a slice of cheese melted into it. He doesn't seem to mind so far, perhaps his mom would think I am causing all his malnutrition, which is of course, absolutely bollocks, because Gan looks like he is overfed.

See, I can cook. Just don't tell me to cut vegetables, carrots, garlic for half hour beforehand. I would either cut myself or fall asleep doing it. Some people feel that's therapeutic or someshits like that.. see I can't even spell the bloody word, let alone feel it. It's just damn boring.
I don't do housework for the same reason. It's bloody boring. (But of course I am trying to change.. see I have to be a little housewife one day...--I write this down.. just in case you know, Gan decides to read my blog again)

How do I try to change? Well, I do hang the clothes and fold the clothes.. see this is not as boring as the rest cause I get to be creative. I try to hang and fold them in record time each time. Not that I really time it. I just decide if it feels faster than the last time I did it.
Of course it resulted into a few arguments where I left some clothes in the machine and when I didn't hang them up properly (I never really understood what Gan means by properly.. hang means hang right?? He seems to be talking Greek to me about the amount of space from clothes to clothes and clothes cant be hung while crumpled... geez..problem la.. no room for creativity.. just like this little island.. a bit of creativity and you get fined or fired..or ostracised from society.. of course, they must mean the bad kind of creativity.. but the good ones.. well are not very appreciated.. like my eccentric Law essays in NUS.. No A plus.. just a lot of question marks.. eh!!!.......)

That's that.. what else..

Wow.. didn't know that's almost a whole page long.. too bad blog doesn't do word count. Else it would have been fun knowing how long an essay I've written for the day. Maybe there should be a blog judge. As in someone who marks blog. Give me my result please.. how well I fare today?? You want meritocracy?? I give you it lah!

Before I seem to have something against the system, I better stop. Cause I am totally fine. You know, must appreciate what you have here.. stop your nonsensical remarks about us having too many ERP gantries or rising taxi fare.. you complain endlessly then move to Pakistan lah...
So, before I get deported.. I must go on..

I have also been travelling a lot. And even more so the coming months.
Jakarta and Palembang in March, LA,SF,LV and Dallas in April, Jakarta and Bali in June, Jakarta again in July and September..

Geeeezzz... by just thinking about them, I feel homesick already.

Well, I am really looking forward to my US trip, not only because it's paid for (company biz trip cum holiday.. y'see?), but also because I have never been to the US. I spent a lot of growing in the other side of the world where people eat kidney pie, speak with funny accent and throw up their dinner after the pub closes.

I really wanna see for myself if Americans are really as fat as they say.. Of course , when we look at glitzy magazines, they look frikkin slim and wrinkle-less, merci merci to Dr Botox and Dr Liposuckcion. (must be spelled that way, since it's about sucking your fats out)

Other than that, I wanna go shopping. I heard the COACH bags are frikkin cheap.. Agh.. then how come they're ripping us off everywhere else. But ocht well, Coach, Kate Spade, Polo RL, Tommy H are on my check out-list.

I will refuse to buy anything from Victoria Secrets though. I just don't think it makes sense, paying so much for a piece of cloth (not even very much of it), which were cut and swen together somewhere in Indonesia and my brother's friend's dad is getting all the profit.

Not that I have anything against them of course, they're very lovely.. with their swanky McMansionS, Yachts, PJ (private jets..cough cough)
They're lovely! I just don't think they need my charity..

Plus, geez.. who's gonna know if I am wearing VS or Triumph or some bargain brands underneath? If they're Comfy, don't give weird VPL, camel toe or loose rubber or weird cone-shape, then good enough la..
Not like I wear them outside my shirts and pants. See.. this is where I am really smart. I save money for the outside clothes.. where it matters.. where people can SEE and oggle..

Some hearsay about wearing nice sexy lingerie for your boyfriends..? Agh. what a myth.
Don't be fooled by those evil marketing gimmicks.. They are just to make yourself feel goooood.
It don't do naught for the guys.
Guys are the last people who take notice about what brand of lingerie you wear. Most of the time, they won't even notice what colour or cutting...blah blah.

My man won't even notice unless I point it out to him, scream at him and BLATANTLY ask for opinion. Still, he would shake his head.. "Why waste time and money for all these? Gonna take 'em off anyway."

See, I am not trying to promote anti-branded-bra campaign or someshits like that. I just prefer spending my money on real clothes that actually cover your body (that's the real objective right?????)

I don't even buy that many jeans. It's very acceptable for someone to just have 2 or 3 pairs of jeans and black pants, they are staples but.. They all look about the same anyway.. for Goodness sake. Better buy more tops and jackets and blah blah.. People will notice if you wear the same jacket everyday of the week. But it's acceptable for jeans.. hey.. lazy to wash mahh.. you know jeans can last a week without washing right? (For some reason, it is less succeptibel to dirt and dust.. see still clean...) Voila!

Today I sound like I am writing some trashy new-age girly novel. Or maybe a ranting column in Cosmo or Vogue. Geez.. maybe I should apply for the position.

Next time, I better write cleverer (such superlative? better be.. so cute!) stuff like on politics, economics.
I maybe hopelessly unacademic in these fields..(so what? f**k those meritocratic people.. they are frogs under a TONG sampah!)...BUT... but I get more than my fair share of kopitiam talks on them..first hand noe? hey.. what to do? My friends and clients are very very the atas and highflyer one you know? I don't need to know what or how.. I just need to know who to ask from. Sorted.

Who needs to go to school? I can write any bashing essay about any politics, current affairs and Econs.... tremendously WELL (which means interesting.. not necessaily accurate.. but somehow makes sense..)

Blah blah blah.. more ranting.. ok enough for today. back to work..

Love,

CELLLLLLLLLLY

9 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous gently snorted that...

Just thought I drop a note to say, I'm still around as well as to give you the good old "Hi!"

For what it's worth, blog is just a pass-time. Real life takes priority over blogging anything.

Better to be a master of it then a slave to it, even if it means read you less regularly and frequently.

cheers.

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous gently snorted that...

Thank youuu for dropping a note =)

you're so right.. better be a master of it..

just that i think i forgot how much i enjoy writing it..i kinda miss the feeling.. maybe i shd prioritise some time to it after all..

cheers!!!!

 
At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous gently snorted that...

Going to Dallas???:)))

A long time friend of mine is working at The Bank of America Plaza in Dallas.

Dallas is also renowned for barbecue, authentic Mexican, and Tex-Mex cuisine. So go and enjoy the makan!

regards
Blackcat

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous gently snorted that...

either u dun brog or when u do, it's jin jia long winded ah!! =p

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Marcelly gently snorted that...

black cat: awww.w.. merci... your suggestions are tres important.. will keep those foodies in mind =)

aleX: ehh.. ya la.. wat to do. im an extremist!

 
At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous gently snorted that...

The leave a comment section is finally in legible english. It was in thai for the longest time.

Real life is of course top priority.

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous gently snorted that...

"Why waste time and money for all these? Gonna take 'em off anyway." - Mr Gan

Haha .. that's him.. very practical person :)

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous gently snorted that...

eh... this article very long one hor... hehe... anyway, welcome back =D

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger MyOrangeSweater gently snorted that...

Hi Celly,

People are still reading, but like you, just a tad lazy in leaving comments. It's been awhile, so "Hi from the US!". Hope you have a great time in the West Coast, and I do concur with you on the underwears ... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home