My tusheez

This blog was started once upon a time when a young girl at school didnt know better but thought otherwise. So the way earlier entries can be crass and words inappropriate so please don't judge. As now the person has evolved into someone older and wiser (hopefully) ..:.... But some of the entries were classic and hilarious so I don't have the heart to delete them :@ Well we were all young (read:wild) once, right?

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Careers Fair.....

Today, I realised I ought to be conducting some soul searching, thus the proper visit to 2005 NUS Career's Fair. Result: so so bordering on disappointing.

There were quite a number of stands and the place was quite packed.
A few notable encounters were:

1. British American Tobacco : Heh.. how ironic. I cant believe NUS lets them have a stand, when we're not even allowed to smoke within the campus premises.
I was tempted to ask if their product range reaches out beyond tobacco.. hehe.. If they were more adventurous I might want to apply. Maybe product tester,user and dealer. hiaks..

2. Toyota Asia.
Jackie wants to be their permanent car model while I want to be a car tester.
I cant drive, so I should be a car tester. People who can drive of course wont crash it right? Then test for wat f**k? (Warning: Marcelly-you are out of point)
Actually, I would have liked to be part of the assembly team, but apparently, the assemblies are done in Thailand, Chey!
But the stand provided free mentos and fat wacky pens =).

3. Debenham Tie Lung.
From what I know, Debenhams is a department store I frequented in England. But maybe they've diversified, whatever. Nowadays, they chiminise all the job titles. They call themselves International Property Advisers! heh.. Real estate agent then say real estate agent la.. bastards...

4. Hitachi:
I dropped my resume for fun. They make fridges right? ............ Or is it motorbike?
(Warning: Marcelly, hide your bimbotic side for goodness sake)

5. The rest were mostly financial advisers Aka Insurance Agent cum Monetary Conman. The job scope spreads to risk and financial analysis and all that shit. Boring trash.
But they had lucky draw for cute teddy bears, so Jac, me and Sham filled in the forms, hopin to get one. But we didnt get any in the end. Boo..

6. Maersk?PSA? Port Authorities?

They are port-to-port management companies or some suga like that. I dont really know what they do, but if I am gonna do much embezzling and smuggling in the future , I need to educate myself with the internal structures first, make some useful contacts, analyse and seek for those who might want to co-operate huheuhe.. (eh....why am I blogging this?)

7. Schlumberger: This one's way wicked!
Oil exploration engineering globe-wide. Man... I want ! I want! I'd get sent to Saudi and Africa!
I'll be their hottest engineer! Unless Jackie gets employed too, then we'll share the throne.=)

8. Surbana : Developers, construction consultants.
Not too bad, me and Jac dropped our CVs.
I thought it would be fun building HDBs in Singapore or other establishments world wide.
The current HDB designs are so boring. They all look the same! I must design some that are made of stones, bambooes or reinforced plastics horr...

Ok, that's not quite the Mechanical Engineers' job...

But perhaps, I can design the piping lines such that they portrude out of the building and wrap around it (like Museum Pompidou in Paris), or external elevators that travel diagonally (merely for aesthetic values), OR completely automated lavatories... the kinds that scooter over to you whenever your bladder or bowels start roaring, suck 'em all out and convert the faecal wastes into usable energy--maybe to power your heater or stoves. Horrrrrrrrrr.......... Man... they should employ ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conclusion: Many jobs out there are really quite interesting, Marcelly is now overwhelmed.
---Off tangent abit, I'd like to suggest a ban for maids from goin to 5 dollars factory outlet stores. Coz now I dont dare to buy there anymore. heuheue.. I am so mean. Can la.. buy la.. I wear mine to sleep lor..%#$%$#

1 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger evi gently snorted that...

ur blog's funny and original. and ur life seems 2 b interesting.

although i dun understand some of the entry sometimes. hehe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home