My tusheez

This blog was started once upon a time when a young girl at school didnt know better but thought otherwise. So the way earlier entries can be crass and words inappropriate so please don't judge. As now the person has evolved into someone older and wiser (hopefully) ..:.... But some of the entries were classic and hilarious so I don't have the heart to delete them :@ Well we were all young (read:wild) once, right?

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

When Mr Gan asks....

At first, to protect Gan's dignity and reputation (if he had any to start with), I thought I would have to tamper with the real story and come up with a more flamboyant, dream-like, abridged version of his 'proposal' ordeal.


But then again, knowing Gan being Gan. He is one of the most secure bloke I know. You can joke about his beer belly, you can joke about his Seremban hometown, his non-romantic streak. Anything. He's just that cool.

So, I think he has no qualms whatsoever with me telling the whole story.



But then again, if he has.. this is my blardy blog..hor Gan?









.......





..........


................


................







.


.


.


.


.


.








Cause Gan proposed in Sengkang.














Heh Heh...

Those who are expecting some fairy tale moments, I think this is not it.
I wouldn't really expect it from Gan anyway.

I know I know... my other girlfriend just got proposed in Bali and another friend is busy preparing some super plans on hot air balloon and fields carved out with "Will you marry me" and that kind of stuff.

Hmmph... And mine happened in Sengkang.
It was on.... oh my goodness, I forgot what date it was!!!!!!!!!!!


Let me call Gan see if he remembers..





Dang Gan says he also forgot.. but it was a Monday and I think it should be on 6th August lah..
So that's bad huh, we can't even remember what the date was already.. jialat..

Anyway, me and Mr Gan were strolling down Orchard Road, waiting for his dear sister to come and pick us up. I saw a jewellery shop and told him we should go and check out. (UP TIL NOW HE STILL THINKS I WAS TRYING TO TRICK HIM INTO BUYING!! URGH!)


I wasn't!

I really wanted to check out the prices and help him plan for it, we always do financial planning for every medium to big purchase tickets.



I even told him that I wont accept any ring that's too extravagant, big or overpriced, no Tiffany-dingdongs. We both believe in saving an investing the money until we reach financial freedom, only then will we splurge on Tiffanys and Bvlgaris and Quattroportes and they shouldn't be very far away either.


If he buys some $20K ring now, I'd probably pawn it and shift the funds to land banking. I am serious man! How to walk around with a $20K rock?
If it slips off and get flushed down the toilet, I would be crying for a week. You may even find me in the sewers.


So, that's really us. We are not romantic that way. We are a very practical, plan-some couple who are serious in working together and making it work. Am I boring you already?
Geeez... Ok lah.. So after we went to the shop, I started looking around, we saw a few rings and one caught our eyes, half carat, heart shaped and it was very affordable.

I like finding good bargains. It's like damn SHIOK lah. It was also rather unique, it's nothing like the normal solitaire engagement rings which are round and common. I am not saying they ain't nice, but ours was different. I liked it, He liked it and he started asking the sales person some questions.
I don't know if you can imagine it, but I was jumping up and down his side, screaming:

"How can you buy in front of me?!!!! NO NO! Don't buy in front of meee!!!"

The sales people gathered around and one told me to go the ladies while he makes the purchase.
Mr Gan turned around and said : " Why you so worried? I am not buying for you what!"


*pengz*..

Haiyah.. he's a lousy liar lah.. I know it's for me. But since he is TOOO nice a guy, I stood by my man and helped him bargain!!

Hahahaha.. I kept asking if got any discounts this and that and any 0% installment plan..


AM I THE BEST GIRLFRIEND OUT THERE OR WHAT???!!!!!!

I managed to get him a good deal leh! And I told him that I insisted that he leveraged and took the installment plan since it's 0% interest with his credit card.


I so nice right?

We were then walking home from the car park and he got the paper bag on his hand. We were all quiet...
until...

I couldn't wait already (stupiddddd) : "So how??"

Gan looked at me :" What so how??"

Me : " so how lahhh?? Hurrryryryryyryrr"

Gan: " Aiyah.. I got no plan yet lahh.. I don't know.."

Me :" Plan what plan?? No need lah... later just bend down on your knees and ask lah..."
(STUPID me! You see lah I was asking for it...)


Gan: " Huh ? Don't want lah.. so nervous like that..."


Me: " Then you just SMS me lah.."


Gan: " Actually that's not a bad idea, so that when you tell your friends that you are engaged next time, and they happen to not believe you, which is very likely, you can at least show them the SMS as evidence..."

Me: "Uh... yeah....."

Then I kept quiet after that. If he really SMS me then how ah. Then the story very bad lah.. shut up Marcelly shut up shuddup shuddduduuuuppp..

So, hours went by, I was reading the papers on the bed and he was busy doing the laundry or something (I can't remember).

(Actually I was WAITING for his next move lorrrr!!! HE took so long!!!! I wouldn't even have noticed if the paper was upside down for Goodness sake!!!)

The box was just there laying beside the bed, I was so tempted to take it out and just wear it. HAhahaha.. dang...
But anyway, so he came into the room, saw me reading the papers, took the little box and placed it on my tummy. (I think this was the sequence, it was a blur liao..)

And I could feel the boy was nervous.

Boy was he nervous cause he couldn't even hold his glare at me throughout the whole sentence : " Will you marry me?"
Wah lau... looking at the pillow somemore... who's he marrying? Me or the pillow? Not sincere leh...I thought.

And I guess I still had to give him a hard time, as I answerred:
"SO, if I say yes, means I can wear the ring lah?"


Gan slowly replies :" I suppose that's technically correct"

Me: " Then OK lah. Yes. Thank you!!"

Haiyah.. like that lor.. very fast then engaged liao..somehow very different from the movies or from what I would expect when I was a young girl...


(By the way, I have been asking around and I got the verdict that says: All guys will be somewhat nervous when it comes to asking the "WILL U MARRY ME" question. Anyone object?)

And... Here's the ring-ring-a ling






I asked him later on, if he would have bought the ring if I hadn't gone with him and he said NO.
Hahaha.. typical lah. He had no plans whatsoever to go hunting on his own.
His excuse was that he'd rather I choose the right ring, so that he wouldn't have to crack his head and risk buying the wrong one. So he still thinks that I tricked him into visiting the shop in the first place.

Bleah.
.
Few weeks later, we watched License TO Wed, and I was crying throughout the show.
So touched by how romantic the prince charming proposed to Mandy Moore, I refused to talk to Gan for half hour after that. I think he was a bit worried. Haha.
But seriously, deep down I know what's important.
.
.
A suave, romantic, sleek boyfriend who set up the most enchanting candle light dinner and sweep you off your feet with sexy jazz tunes and champagne clinks, would be nice.
.
But nothing is as nice as finding a really steady someone. So dependable, reliable, wise, so easy to love and to be with.
.
Well, that's not only nice, I think that's very important. Those are the qualities which will ensure lasting marriages and not the suaveness blah blah blah..
.
Last week I asked him again : " Dear, after hearing how other people got so happeningly proposed, you don't feel guilty proposing in Sengkang ah?"
.
He cooly replied: "No lah.. At least I am sincere what. I mean it and it's just a start lah. I have a long way to prove myself and make you happy. It's the beginning of many many decades dear... This is nothing yet...."
.
WAHHHHHHHHH... MR GAN KNOWS HIS WORDS SIALL!!!!
I was taken aback at first. Since when he can come out with sleek replies like that.???
.Tsk.
OK lah, but I take it.
He also told me about those movies where the boy proposed to the girl by putting the ring inside the champagne glass or the cake...to surprise her..
.
"I think I cannot do that to you lah.. You so goondoo.. sure will swallow the ring and don't know about it.."
.
.
Yeah.. guess he knows me pretty well lah... So that's that. ....
How how how howhowhowhohwohwohwohow...
I am getting married leh!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous gently snorted that...

I cannot see the ring lah...can email or mms me the picture?

So when going to ROM? I get get Jeremy to drive you guys with the new mercs C class or Lexus..hehehehe!!! We'll also throw an ayam penyit party on top of that.:)

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous gently snorted that...

Been following your blog....congrats!!! Very happy for you too! Your Gan sounds pretty similar to my hubby, as in they are ultra secure cool guys comfy in their skins and need not reply on flash and appearances. And yes, they are very sincere and dependable too!!!

Congrats again!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Marcelly gently snorted that...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Marcelly gently snorted that...

wah lau MMS you ah.. aiyah dont need lah..
ROM dunno yet.. still deciding. a lot of things to plan ahh. head ache..

i want to drive it! but ayam penyet would sound grand!!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Marcelly gently snorted that...

anonymous: thank you! i guess we are happy with gan type of hubbies yah. in the long run, we are the happier bunch =) no nid no casanovas lah

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous gently snorted that...

Well done!!!

Congrats!!

Eh... married liao will continue to blog or not har?

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Doreen gently snorted that...

Eh, the pic so dark hard to see leh, I had to adjust my monitor brightness to see wor. nice ring indeed! I think quite romantic leh. The interactions between you guys during the "proposal period", very funny and full of love. That's romantic! (^_^)

Congrats again, Mrs. Gan! Hehehe

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger DiDa gently snorted that...

*jealous to death*

 
At 1:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous gently snorted that...

knowing Mr Gan for so many years, i bet you got the bestest deal in town.. congrats to both of you!!! :p

 
At 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous gently snorted that...

anonymous ... u know me for many years? who are you leh? :)

TQ anyway


-eutjin

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Marcelly gently snorted that...

jaywalk: hehe thx, of course i will lahh..
doreen: lidat also quite cute actually hor. he he he..thx.. wahhh call me mrs gan.. makes me excited hahaha..

dida: eh heh. urs will come lah babeee.. no worriesss

anonymous: oh thanks... hmm.. so i must know u lah.. who's thisss..? =)

eutjin: wah dearrr.. first time u comment here with ur name on.. who's ur friend? either ben or keane lorr...

 
At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous gently snorted that...

Hello,
i've been following your blog for more than a year now... and i'm really happy for you too!!! though i dont even know you! =DDD

Congrats! By the way, I'm 19... ya... just so you know you have a 19 year old reader.. haha... =)

Congrats!!!!!

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Marcelly gently snorted that...

anonymous: wahhhhhhh thank youuuuuuu...well, u do kinda know me in a way lahh.. =)

thank you you guys.. this is so overwhelming. really appreciate it =)

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger chris gently snorted that...

Congrats!!

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Unknown gently snorted that...

Celly!! Shooo Sweet!

Hey, it's a new chapter begins.

You will have someone by your side for the rest of your life!

It's a starting of many beginnings. I'm so happy for you both! =)

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Unknown gently snorted that...

Celly!! Shooo Sweet!

Hey, it's a new chapter begins.

You will have someone by your side for the rest of your life!

It's a starting of many beginnings. I'm so happy for you both! =)

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Unknown gently snorted that...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Unknown gently snorted that...

Celly!! Shooo Sweet!

Hey, it's a new chapter begins.

You will have someone by your side for the rest of your life!

It's a starting of many beginnings. I'm so happy for you both! =)

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger toysrevil gently snorted that...

aiyo so sweeeet! congrats, Mrs Gan! :p

personally: if the snake-oil works, you don't need a snake-oil salesman to peddle his wares. the grander the presentation, the more disappointment there will be (no, im not married LOL)

a tip from a stranger (me lah): somehow engrave the date of proposal on the rings (or somewhere) so next time want to celebrate anniversary of proposal, won't be blur! LOL

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Alex gently snorted that...

finally. wedding at void deck can boh? can save alot of ang pow marnee. =p

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Kon Yew gently snorted that...

Congratulations, Marcelly!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Marcelly gently snorted that...

chris: thank you!!



farah: wahh the way u put it a bit the scary.. rest of my life heh heh.. well..



toysrevil: wah.. that tips about the ring and the wedding date. VERY VERY HELPFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOuU LEH!!!

Lidat if he ever forgot our anniversary!!! I can take him straight to Paragon for me to punish hi.. his credit cards!


ps: so gan-oil works eh.. products sells by itself eh.. my boss told me the other day that i was probably already salivating and ready to close my own deal before gan even propose.. thats why he didnt bother in the end.. DAMN LAH!!!!

Must play more hard to get next time..



darkelfin:.. alexxx.. pls hor.. no void deck. later my make up melt how

Kon yew: Thanks Doc =) How's ol' Oxford?
My regards to Dr and Drs Tee, tell them I am catching up!

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger toysrevil gently snorted that...

"Lidat if he ever forgot our anniversary!!! I can take him straight to Paragon for me to punish hi.. his credit cards!" = wah, then dun engrave, so got more chance to charge it LOL

alamak, you already have been enjoying the comforts of Gan-Oil lieow, so used to it and embraced it, like a fav fragrance or cleanser, always end up going back to the counter to ask for more of the same thing LOL

aiyoh so sweet :) muahahahaha

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous gently snorted that...

Hi celle

Been following your blog. Congrats! You wouldn't go wrong with a man who is sincere. ;D

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Kell Ch@n gently snorted that...

Congrats, Mrs Gan!

It's a lovely ring which you have chosen.

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous gently snorted that...

hmmm...

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous gently snorted that...

congrats to you and et...

as another of his long long ago friend, i can say you have caught yourself a very good catch...

many happiness to both of you =D

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Aeric gently snorted that...

congratulations, cel!

If we ever meet in person, remind me to tell you about an incident of mine that I will later deny and never tell in a form that is in any way permanent ... such as a blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home