My tusheez

This blog was started once upon a time when a young girl at school didnt know better but thought otherwise. So the way earlier entries can be crass and words inappropriate so please don't judge. As now the person has evolved into someone older and wiser (hopefully) ..:.... But some of the entries were classic and hilarious so I don't have the heart to delete them :@ Well we were all young (read:wild) once, right?

Sunday, April 03, 2005

To be a woman (mad one)

Today, I managed to go for the 'interview', with much drama.
On my agenda, thats like.. what's new?

I was running late (what's new?), my tinted pimple cream was blotchy (what's new?), my hair was in a mess, my stomach was grumbling and I was on TMD high tide(what's new?).
I ran around bloody NTU (which is like a goddamn jungle) like a mad woman in a frenzy trying to find the LT.
Blooodey hell. NTU dunno how to name their buildings.
At least NUS named their Science buildings S1, S2, Arts & Social Sciences buildings AS1, AS2 and Engineering buildings E1, E2.
NTU's Engineering buildings were named N1, N2, N3... what da HELL??..
N for Ngineering is it? (try act smart also dunno how to spell..) Arghh...

Anyhow, the interview turned out to be an IQ test comprising 50 mind boggling questions to be completed in 12 minutes. That's like 10 seconds per question dude!

I am so sick of IQ test la.. my first ever IQ test was during kindergarten where the nun warned my mom that this girl (me) may go crazy/berserk with her overwhelmingly wild imagination.
And that landed me freaking ballet, drama, singing, painting, swimming lessons on every day of the week for the many years of my pre-teenhood. $%#$%#$%)!!!
Coz lovely mom thought I needed to channel the wildness somewhere.

I was like moaning: " ... Why must swim 3 times a week ma?? Boring le..swim here swim there.. everyday same thing. Cant they invent more styles? Butterfly was top level liao....I tried this new thing yesterday but I didnt end up floating.. i dun wanna swim anymo.."

Wise mom said: "Darling, you'll grow taller, have long legs, long limbs, slim waist.. and you won't think so much, .. good for u my love...keep swimmin.."

Years later, I was a few mm taller and my thighs, calves, shoulders and biceps grew twice their original sizes. I think mothers can be wrong sometimes.

And I think when my mom saw me with my blotchy complexion over the Chinese New year, she had wanted to apologize to me about not mixing well before baking!!!!
My brother is about 10 tones darker than the rest of the family, she must have put in cocoa powder in the mix, that or mixing during blackout. Oh he's lovely by the way. I am kinda advertising coz he is deserving of some nice girl (nothing like me I hope).

Here's the bugger with his last crush.





*Wats with the face dude? like ehehhehe.. i get u dont.. is it?*

This is him with his football buddy... staring at the streaker across the field I reckon.





And this is just da haolian bugger, (nid to put this up to get my Bday pressie.. sorry!)





And mom's of course undisputably the love of our lives. I'll tell you how cool she is.. SHe taught me Kegels!!!!!!!!!! MY mum Rocks!! LOVE LOVE LOVE MY MOM.

Btw, in case you thought you were seeing double, the first pic IS Teresa Teng.
He took it at Madamme Tussaud's la... cheyy right??

Ok ok.. before my bro and mom steal my thunder. I also wanted to say that darling mom had sent me for modelling class when I was 10. Hahahha.. I was strutting about nicely for awhile, before my fellow kiddy models started growing by the foot, while I lamely grew by the millimetres.
So, thinking that posing for Osh Kosh B'Gosh when my chest was getting bumpy was not a brilliant idea, I dropped out. And that was once upon a time.

ANYWAY>>>> Back to IQ test. I managed to do about 40 out of 50 with the last few completely HAMTAM version.

One test question I was debating about with my friends was:

Q: What is to a nurse as a cargo is to a driver?

ANS: a. hospital b. injection c. patient d. doctor.

I take a shot at b.injection COZZZ... injection is a medium to an important material that needs to be transferred to a customer (patient), like a cargo is a medium to ship important stuff for customers. Driver and nurse are the doers.

Quite the contrary, my friends argued that it should be c. patient. A driver looks after a cargo, just as a nurse looks after a patient.


SO SO!! Open for debate!! Patient or injection???

_______________________________________________________

I have painstakingly drawn a line above as what's to be written below is completely out of context ( I am tryin to be more organised here.. hehehe)

Eversince I wisely adapted singlehood, I've found a few distracting changes in my well being.
I have been coughing out thick green phlegms every 20 minutes for the past one month and my front bumper seems to be depleting in volume.
So, for all I know, I might be coughing out my mammary glands.

I think I better see the doctor on Monday.

24 Comments:

At 2:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous gently snorted that...

answer shd b doctor.not patient or injection. why? because, because, because you 2 are wrong.

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger Marcelly gently snorted that...

aiyoo..so bo liao. if u a lawyer hor, u'll suck big time ley..

 
At 3:36 AM, Blogger MERVIN CHIA gently snorted that...

wow!!! ure interesting n humorous...probably u know tat already...I tot I was good but to see yr humour makes me serious...

 
At 3:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous gently snorted that...

hospital!!! cause.. without hospital, then no nurse, then no doctor, then no patient, then no injection

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger Vicnan gently snorted that...

what's to the nurse? Doesn't that timply that a similarity is being drawn highlighted between the nurse, and the cargo? I'd say the hospital then.

Talkinb bout IQ tests.. I've yet to renew my mensa membership! Oh my. It's been years!

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger Gabrielle gently snorted that...

N=north spine
S=south spine
N1, N2... cos jutt out from the "spine". Dun ask me why, supposed to be designed by this super zhai architect from japan. Die already.

Aiya, everyone gets lost when they first come to NTU.

 
At 3:58 AM, Blogger Marcelly gently snorted that...

anonymous one and two: IF you two are the same person,I am gonna faint. bo liao! but if u keep changing ur answer like that.. you will get it right b4 the 4th try. so Good luck !!!

If you not one same geezer, then.. oh well at least u post comments la hor..cheers

Vicnan: you dont join the bo liao club laaaa. I said!! Injection or patient!!! not taking any other answer liao...
wat similarity between nurse and cargo?? si mi si mi?? nurse and driver laa.. argh.. pulling myleg ite.. jialat.. dun argue with retards. kekeke.. eh but keep posting comments! btw,I love ur almost-got- caught- by-authorites political bloggy.

 
At 4:01 AM, Blogger Marcelly gently snorted that...

Gabrielle: Thanks for enlightening, now I feel like a moron lashing those nasty comments about NTU ekeke.. but the Jap architect hor.. hmm like not a v color loving person hor..

mervin: Thank you!!!

 
At 4:25 AM, Blogger Jayaxe gently snorted that...

So the MNC you're talking about (and going to interview for) is NTU??

Anyway, for the IQ questions, I reckon that it could be more of an aptitude test (i.e. no right or wrong answers) which finds out how you perceive things and answer questions. Just to find out what type of a character you are.

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Adrian gently snorted that...

Patient lah . . .

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Marcelly gently snorted that...

why patient?? patient-human,cargo is but a box to put the stuff in. Cargo=injection, patient=customer, no meh?? heuhue.. ok la.. I think Jx is right.. It could be just testing ur logic line..
BUT anyhow, anonymous 1,2 and vicnan, you guys r still wrong!

Adrian: explain le. i am intrigued

JX: No, it was for a shipping company but the talk was in NTU

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Gabrielle gently snorted that...

u shld visit our tutorial rooms. they always remind me of asylum rooms.
u know, grey corridor, white walls, grey doors with small small window. No plants, no picture.. nothing. oh, plus one poor red digital clock on the ceiling.

ah.. answer... me ans is patient.

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Gabrielle gently snorted that...

sorry le flood ur comment. but wanna ask, www.buystraight.com ya own website?? or u got partners? so u know this guy darren?

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Adrian gently snorted that...

Cargo is a driver's charge, while patient is a nurse's charge. Your take on it makes a convoluted sort of sense too, but in the spirit of Occam's Razor, why complicate things when you don't have to? The most obvious explanation may not always be correct, but until evidence turns up to cast doubts on its validity, I'll always take the simplest explanation first. Saves time. :D

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Marcelly gently snorted that...

i realise i always think further than required. but also with awesome mistakes..thing is.. i just realised injection refers to the action of injecting.. while i kept bloooy thinking it was the injection syringe itself!!!!

so,patient.. ok la.. nurse pushes the patients around from room to room. abit like pushing cargo liao right? ^^

ok my bad, always complicating things. heck la..

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Marcelly gently snorted that...

gabrielle: yah!! coz i noe darren, biz partner, tell him that u know abt this from my blog pls! he still refuse to read it! kekekeke..

i was thinking.. a solution to ur gray boring walls problem in NTU.. is to wear different colour tinted sunglasses everyday... yellow for monday.. red pink.. so yah... hope it helps ya!!!

 
At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous gently snorted that...

yupz, i think u do think too much. doesnt mean u are stupid though, just perhaps a bit crazy.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Adrian gently snorted that...

Not crazy, creative. Things sound so much nicer if you use the right words, heheh.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Marcelly gently snorted that...

adrian: thank u for being so politically correct. ^^

 
At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous gently snorted that...

You are right... when i first entered NTU, i was like damn blur sotong coz i couldnt find the LT where i had the course briefin...The map of the skool didnt even freakin help.. But after a while it gets easier... unless of course, they ask u to find some stupid which i shall not mention.

 
At 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous gently snorted that...

I too believe tat the answer should be injection... not patient... but who knows, there could be no right answer to the question. A question tat test one on perception rather than intelligence. Juz a thought.

 
At 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous gently snorted that...

i think it's injection, cos strictly speaking, a doctor's in charge of patients, not a nurse right?

 
At 1:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous gently snorted that...

Before anything look at who is giving the questions and then you will have a better idea on the why. Its a test with a very short time for answers and its by a shipping company. Short time to get your most natural response and there is no correct answer to this question. Rather the company wants to know how you think. Does the shipping company want their employee to link Driver-Cargo and Nurse-Injection or Nurse-Patient or other..? U figure it out.

 
At 1:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous gently snorted that...

Hope the company is question is not Maersk Sealand? Seems awfully familiar the whole thing is conducted. That was eons ago and they are still doing it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home