My tusheez

This blog was started once upon a time when a young girl at school didnt know better but thought otherwise. So the way earlier entries can be crass and words inappropriate so please don't judge. As now the person has evolved into someone older and wiser (hopefully) ..:.... But some of the entries were classic and hilarious so I don't have the heart to delete them :@ Well we were all young (read:wild) once, right?

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Marcelly's on a Job Quest.

Before I embark on my lil job quest, let me blabber about what I did today..

Today I went for the HOPE concert by the Singapore Symphonic Orchestra, for the Tsunami Victims, The tix were goin at 100 bux.. but yours truly got 3 tix free (actually can get more but Ian and Jac didnt wanna go), courtesy of UAN, n I am apparently officially a UAN artiste.. bah..

OK, so Cat decided to bring her Canadian friend along to the concert (though she was dreadin it)..
We sat through the first half.

There was the ensemble of wind instruments plus conductor (which was sooo exciting and exhilarating to watch.. he looked like he was frying char kway teow!),

Then there's the violin duo (slept thru this one, violins are how whiny).

Then there's the piano piece which was enlightening.. It was a sonata by Sergei Prokofiev, the piece was sposed to sound like a war.
Apparently Cat could spot out the 'bullets','screamings" and ' the bombs' in the erratic piece.
I couldnt really.. maybe the bullets.. coz he was stomping on one same key all the time.
It wasnt a very pleasant piece.. too abstract for me, but the pianist called Kelvin Chan was so prodigious.. His fingers looked like jelly fish in a swimming race... after awhile of lookin at his fingers I had to shut my eyes..too dizzy!!!

There was this 'silent' auction program for the Tsunami victims as well. We were supposed to bid for a hotel room.. bah!! Cat tried to con me by telling me that silent auction means that If I stay silent, I am bidding highest. But of course I didnt trust her, eventhough she was yelling :"60 cents! 60 cents!".. Apparently that was quite stupid ,coz the biddin starts at $600.. .. So, I realised she was lying.. smart right???

Anyway.. after we left halfway the concert.. (after the war piece).. we had dinner, where had some very deep,thoughtful conversations, regarding my future.

Marcelly is on a job quest:

JOB1. Social worker.
I wanna be a social worker, sponsored to reorganise community settlements and re-construct the destroyed buildings in the Tsunami affected areas.

Head organiser : " Are you sure you wanna take up this job? It's quite tough for a lady."

Me : " Don't worry. I am a tough lady."

Head Organiser :" Good, so we are sending you to Aceh. They need volunteers there."

Me: " Aceh???? Can I go to Maldives please??? Or at least Phi Phi Island! And make sure the area is near the beach. I am an expert in building beach huts!"

Head Organiser: "I hope you realised that this is serious work, not a holiday Miss Suhali. So, by right you should be ready to take up any kind of job anywhere."

Me: " Ehh.. yeah ok lor.. But the areas are all walking distance from the beach right??" (thinking scientifically: earthquake under the sea, big waves from ocean, come to shores..yes!!)

Head Organiser : " Ok.. good, since you speak Indonesian, you are going to Aceh!"

Me : " Hehhh.........." (Howelyshit!.. how does he know I am indon?? Basket.. must be my surname again)

Ok.. I am not noble enough to go to Aceh. Seriously, that place is full of silent land mines. I dont wanna blow into pieces by prancing around the land.


2. Advertising:
I spotted a few very interesting adverts along the way home.
ONe was : Irre'twist'ible for Twister corn snacks.. Smart!
The other one was : 'Satays'faction for a satay stall. Very smart!!

Cat: "Babe. You can be in advertising! You are so creative! I am sure you can think of one like them!"

Me: " YEah!! ".. then I spotted the Coca Cola vending machine.. " Aha!! Coco-nadden Cola!"

Cat: " Ok, I take my words back babe.. sorry..."

*big sigh...*.. in the end she told me to be a gypsy..

3. Engineering: Last resort liao.. Though very unlikely, coz engineers are boring. I dont wanna be sorrounded by boring people, coz my jokes are gonna bounce off the wall. Cat's friend nicely spotted out that once I become an engineer, I will just crawl into my little hole and hide.
However, Cat begged to differ. " No no!Marcelly's gonna crawl into her little hole and have a party!"
Hmm.. watever it is.. engineering is not for me. I will be making wrong calculations, buildings will collapse and plants will explode. So..

4. Tai tai: This is my favourite. But den, I must find a husband, rich enough to feed my extravagant lifestyle, cute enough to hump (else I hv to get sugar boy and that costs $), but stupid enough to be ripped off. Hmm.. tough!
Plus, there's always the lil me in me who wants to succeed BIG TIME on my own. Ah.. of coz that needs determination, which I dont really have. Cat told me to get a lil priority management.
I always get them wrong. True.

5. P.I.M.P:
I would like a job that needs me to drink, be merry and entertaining and get paid.
SO.

Cat: " Go be a pimp la"

Me: "Aww.. good idea. Can I pimp lil boys? "

Cat: " Watever la. but remember that doesnt mean you can get ur hands on them. You're spose to market them."

Me:" Heh?? I must do quality control what? if like that pimping is boring la.. dun wan!"

So, there goes pimping too.. plus I think I'm too hot to be a pimp. They would wanna buy me and not my lil recruits. ( hao lian big time!)

So.. I have yet to succeed on the quest. Long way to go.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home